This represents my current “go to” kit. It is not representative of all of my equipment; rather, it is a notional idea of what I think meets the needs of an everyday marksman in 80%-90% of possible situations. These situations include a simple trip to the range, teaching a new shooter, light hunting, or even an emergency homeland-defense scenario. Those last 10%-20% of scenarios that require more specialized gear (long range hunting, tactical CQB, etc) fall somewhat outside the purview of this blog. I may still use equipment good for those scenarios, but they aren’t part of my daily kit.
The “Crate” is simply a wooden box I’ve fashioned to hold a portion of my gear. I liken it to a “war chest,” where everything I need is in an easy-to-grab place.
As of 1 July, 2015, I’m shooting mainly just one rifle and one pistol.
The Musket Mk II
- Spikes Tactical lower
- BCM 20″ Government Barrel with fixed FSB
- BCM bolt and carrier
- Daniel Defense Omega 12 Rail
- VLTOR A5 buffer tube, buffer, and Sprinco ‘Green’ spring
- VLTOR EMod stock
- BCM gunfighter grip
- Rainier Arms Raptor ambidextrous charging handle
- Geissele SD-E trigger
- Magpul MBUS PRO LR
- ELCAN SpecterOS 4x Optic
- FNH FNS-9
- Short Action Precision Positional Rifle Sling
- FTW Multi-Purpose Sling
- SKD Tac PIG Gloves
- Accu-Shot Atlas BT10 Bipod in ADM swivel mount
- Triad Tactical tapered rear bag
- Sandpiper of California Three Day Pass backpack
- VTAC Brokos Belt (Tactical Tailor Magnas, HSGI Tacos, Emdom dump pouch, and Trojan Tactical Bolteran Holster)