I got notified this morning that MVT has restocked their SOR chest rig. This is a slightly updated version of my MVT 3X Rig that has served me well. It is a very clean and low profile setup that provides a lot of versatility.
Buy it at the MVT Gear Store
The Special Operations Rig (SOR) was designed in collaboration with SOF personnel, specifically to fill the need for a chest rig that will comfortably carry the AN/PRC 152 radio. This capability has resulted in two collapsible side pouches that enhance the rig by allowing the carriage of two radios (one each side), or 2 x 5.56 magazines in each radio pouch, or use the pouches for admin items or leave them collapsed. In addition, the front of the radio pouches have four rows of MOLLE, for the attachment of admin pouches as needed.
These specific design features and capabilities have resulted in a chest rig that is extremely versatile to varying load requirements, and will suit non-military as well as military personnel, whether or not you carry a radio on your gear. It can be used entirely as a standalone chest rig, attached to a plate carrier, or as a hybrid allowing optional attachment to a plate carrier, depending on the tactical situation.
- Wear the SOR with the supplied H-harness, over a Plate Carrier or standalone.
- Utilize the supplied PC Kit to attach the SOR directly to your Plate Carrier.
- Multiple use options, as an assault panel over a PC, or standalone in ‘recon mode.’
- The SOR is designed to allow the radio pouches to adjust comfortably across your chest, or if worn over a PC, the radio/mags fit into the space beside your front plate.
The Special Operations Rig (SOR) is well designed and crafted, 100% MADE IN USA, giving you the ability to carry four (4) x 5.56 (.223) magazines in easily accessible magazine pouches. Utilizing kydex retention inserts in the magazine pouches gives excellent magazine retention while allowing for lighting fast reloads. You can plus up the rig to 8 magazines, using the collapsible side pouches, as needed.
This rig has some outstanding features:
- 5.56 (.223) magazine pouches with kydex inserts x 4.
- The 4 front kydex mag pouches also come with elastic removable retention pull-tabs, to give you more options.
- Low profile slim fit with the 4 x magazine pouches close to the body.
- Each magazine pouch is supplied with a Kydex insert which both secures the magazine and allows for fast reloads.
- 3 rows of MOLLE across the rig for maximum versatility.
- 4 MOLLE wide side panels for the attachment of additional pouches.
- 2 x collapsible radio/magazine pouches behind the side panels, specifically designed for the AN/PRC 152 radio / 2 x 5.56 magazines.
- The side radio pouches also feature a velcro adjustable bottom panel, which allows for adjustment of the radio fit up or down to operator comfort.
- Adjustable elastic cord straps on the radio pouch to secure items of various sizes.
- 4 adjustable points for a “perfect fit” for almost any body type / shape.
- H-harness design – providing comfort to be worn by itself, or with a backpack.
- Map / Notebook Pouch on back of rig.
- Rear velcro patch, with optional cover, to allow the attachment of a sub-load pouch.
- Antennae loops on the bottom of the rig. By using a flexible antenna extension, you can route the antennae(s) down and under the rig.
- 500D Cordura.
- 100% MADE IN THE USA.
KYDEX INSERTS: At MVT, we believe that you need a rig that is quick and easy to insert mags, bump mags, or do a tactical reload. What we wanted was a way of doing it with one hand, allowing you to keep the other on the rifle, scanning. Kydex inserts allow you to remove and insert, one handed, including in low/no light. You can hang upside down without worrying about your mags falling out. They provide pouch rigidity, so it’s easier to reload, without the pouch collapsing around the mag. When worn over the front plate of a PC, the kydex provides a rigid 4 mag shingle, which allows more mag carriage than the usual 3 mags that the front of a PC usually allows.